Thursday, September 16, 2010

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

Well, it I hadn’t had the sudden back injury hit me on June 26th that grounded us here in Dillard for the summer, then we COULDA followed through on our plans to attend two rv rallies in Indiana beginning in late August and we WOULDA been in Goshen, Indiana today attending the Escapees 50th Escapade Rally, then we SHOULDA been headed through Ohio into Pennsylvania to visit some of my relatives before heading to New Jersey then down to North Carolina to visit Barbie’s family before returning here to Dillard for the leaves to change in mid-October. Well, most of us have had prior experiences with the COULDA, WOULDA, SHOULDA deal I believe. We know how that goes sometimes. The best laid plans…… Sure, it woulda been a great adventure but there was no way we coulda enjoyed or made the trip at this time. We’ll follow through at a later date with that trip. I do feel much better than I did in June and July for sure. I continue to make slow but steady progress on being able to walk without a walker. I leave the motorhome now daily whether it is to ride around the campground in our golf cart, go out shopping with Barbie (with the help of my scooter), go out to eat at a local restaurant, or to just take a ride in the car through the gorgeous countryside. From late June and through July, I bet I can count on one hand the number of times I left the motorhome. And, that was for doctor’s visits. 

We have had terrific weather lately with highs in the mid to upper 80’s and lows at night into the low to mid 50’s. The best part has been the extremely low humidity levels. This was planned and shoulda been a travel blog of our jouneys but has turned into a blog about my health issues. That will gradually change, I assure you. But, for our family and friends that are interested, you do know what’s going on with us on a somewhat regular basis.

Well, for my pictures for the day, since we shoulda been in Pennsylvania soon, check out these pictures from our trip to Lancaster County, PA, that we made in the summer of 2003.

Amish farm #1

The Amish farms were beautiful,

Amish farm #2

as were the covered bridges.

Covered bridge #1

covered bridge #4 

It certainly was an exhausting trip!

Jeff napping #2‘Til next time………

No comments: